What Happens to Your Brain During & After Trauma
July 11, 2023
Learn more about how the brain responds during and after trauma.
Watch this video to learn:
- The benefits of being brain-informed
- The difference between our brain reacting and responding
- Three things that can cause the brain to set off warning signals
- What the traumatic stress response cycle is and its four components
- What the survival instinct is
- What executive functioning skills are
- The components that are impacted when your brain is in survival mode
- What the three R’s are
- How trauma affects kids’ brains
Trigger warnings: trauma
Your Brain During & After Trauma Video Resource List:
Cheryl Turner is a Training Specialist at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She’s studied trauma, mental health, and children for decades.