July 11, 2023
Learn what compassion fatigue (also known as burnout) is, how it can impact our lives, and ways to cope.
Watch this video to also learn:
- Other names for compassion fatigue
- The professions most at-risk for compassion fatigue
- Signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue
- The risk factors for compassion fatigue
- How organizations can help their workers experiencing compassion fatigue
- How to overcome compassion fatigue
Trigger warnings: alcohol use, sexual assault
Compassion Fatigue Resource List:
- The book, Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others: https://traumastewardship.com/
- The book, Kitchen Table Wisdom: http://www.rachelremen.com/books/kitchen-table-wisdom/
Kim, an advocate and activist, has worked in the nonprofit sector for almost 30 years, primarily focused on trauma, trauma-informed care, and behavioral health.